Search 50000+ tech jobs. SRINIMFJOBS has business analyst, software engineer, QA jobs and many more. Manage your tech job search and IT career on SRINIMFJOBS.
Nonprofit Leadership Fellow – Sustainability Education
Posted Feb 22
Nonprofit Leadership Fellow – Sustainability Education (One-year term with ASAP start date)
Are you passionate about sustainability issues and how they connect to education? Are you a highly organized self-starter with strong technical and writing background? Strategic Energy Innovations (SEI) is seeking a dedicated individual, passionate about working in the non-profit sector, to provide a year of service as a full-time, paid Fellow for a cutting edge organization focused on designing innovative solutions to address community climate and sustainability goals. Working within SEI’s Non-profit Leadership Fellowship, this candidate will have the opportunity to work directly with our Executive Director, in addition to our Deputy Director and Education Programs Director. This is a full-time 12-month paid position, based out of our San Rafael, Marin County Office. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with an intended start date of Spring, 2018 (exact dates to be negotiated.) This position offers exceptional training and professional development and exposure in the areas of climate/energy sustainability and non-profit fundraising/management.
About SEI And our Programs
We are a non-profit organization with a 19-year history, dedicated to actions that sustain our planet. SEI creates green communities by designing sustainability programs around four key sectors that make up the foundation of all communities: education, housing, government, and the workforce. And because we understand the many facets of sustainability, we’re able to see the big picture and pinpoint opportunities to help these communities reach their goals, reduce their consumption of natural resources and enjoy quantifiable savings. Our staff works within teams to support each other on projects and to creatively develop new and effective models. For more information about SEI’s programs visit our website at www.seiinc.org.
• Hands-on experience in innovative K-12 and college/university sustainability education and conservation projects, agency-wide and program specific communications tasks, along with other climate/sustainable energy projects as candidate interests & schedule permits
• Work on special projects under direction of SEI’s management team
• Experience in team-based grant writing and proposal development
• Commitment to regular (one day per month on average) professional training
• Career coaching throughout the year and end-of-fellowship career search support
• Formal goal setting and periodic performance reviews/feedback
Support Areas and Associated Responsibilities
The Fellow may support the agency’s implementation of activities across a variety of our flagship cutting-edge resource efficiency programs, with exposure to key components of program design, promotion/fundraising, implementation, reporting, and evaluation:
• K-12 School Program Support – The focus of this aspect is to support SEI’s conservation and education programs in K-12 schools. This will include participation in project-based curriculum development, teacher trainings, student instruction, and support for district and school conservation campaigns. Work may include hands-on support for The School of Environmental Leadership (The SEL).
• Higher Education Program Support - The Fellow may support with assisting in a variety of coordination roles in our effort to provide for student applied learning and energy curriculum integration with community colleges and 4-year degree schools.
• Climate/Energy Program Support – A portion of the Fellow’s time may be spent in direct support of one of our many programs in the sustainable communities and workforce development sectors.
• Proposal Support – A portion of the Fellow’s focus could entail working across SEI Directors and Managers to write grant applications to fund our work.
• Special Project Support – Under the direction of SEI’s Executive Director, the Fellow may assist in helping plan for and implement new and innovative programs that expand our team’s collective body of work and measurable impact.
The qualified candidate is highly skilled working across the Microsoft suite of office automation software (e.g.: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) Qualified candidates will also evidence strong quantitative, written and verbal communication skills, in addition to the following:
- Excellent writer
- Experience/strong interest working in education with K-12 and/or higher education stakeholders (students, teachers, and/or staff)
- Background or experience in curriculum and grant development, and/or leading group trainings and/or presentations
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced coursework a plus) in a quantitative discipline, environmental studies, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience with efficient web research and information synthesis
- Ability to work full-time out of our San Rafael office, and willingness to engage in possible travel in the California region
- Desired qualifications:
♣ Experience with Environmental Education
♣ Background working on campus-based student outreach/campaigns and projects
♣ Experience in energy auditing and/or solar analysis
♣ Strong analytic skills, experience with Excel (building spreadsheets, formulas, and data manipulation) and math or science background
♣ Basic knowledge of core energy efficiency and building science concepts
♣ Prior energy, climate change work experience
♣ Working knowledge of greenhouse gas emissions related activities and current policies and programs
♣ Understanding of financial analysis or modeling
♣ Marketing/community outreach experience
♣ Web/Video Experience
This position offers an hourly rate of $18.00 per hour, and available medical benefits. Beyond monetary compensation, this Fellowship affords the candidate significant technical skill and non-profit leadership skills development, fieldwork and networking opportunities.
Send your cover letter and resume to us. Please put NPLF Sustainability Education in the subject line. Please indicate in your cover letter your availability to start.
No phone calls, please. Strategic Energy Innovations is an equal opportunity employer.